Alternative Education Loans
"Alternative Education Loans" submitted by SchoolGrantsfor Editorial Team and last updated on Monday 9th January 2012
Sometimes federal loans aren't enough to meet your educational costs. That's where alternative education loans can play a major role. The lending industry recognized this fact and stepped up to offer loan products for students that could fill the financial gap.
Alternative loans are based on creditworthiness, carry competitive interest rates and all vary on the amount you may borrow, the fees charged and on their terms of repayment. Ask smart questions when considering an alternative loan. These questions should include, but are not limited to:
- How much may I borrow?
- What are the fees associated with the loan?
- What is the interest rate on the loan?
- How is the interest rate calculated?
- What are the terms of repayment?
- How much will my payments be if I borrow $x?
- Do I need a co-signer?
Financial Aid Resource Center recommends the CitiAssist® Loan from Citibank. If you are an undergraduate or graduate student, you will find that the CitiAssist® offers excellent benefits and features to meet your education financing needs. These include:
- No Loan Fees
- No Payments While In School
- Straightforward Pricing (based on the Prime Rate published in The Wall Street Journal)
- Flexible Repayment Terms
- No Cosigner Required for Graduate Students
- Cost Saving Repayment Incentives