The Federal Work-Study program

"The Federal Work-Study program" submitted by SchoolGrantsfor Editorial Team and last updated on Monday 9th January 2012

Federal Work-Study (FWS) is financial aid that the student must earn. You are eligible for Federal Work-Study if you are a graduate or undergraduate student and have financial need. Federal Work-Study jobs are offered on and off campus.

Once you complete the financial aid process with your school, they will inform you of your student loan options. The Federal Work-Study program allows you to earn money while doing community work or work related to your course of study.

Your total award will be at least the current federal minimum wage, but it may be higher. If you're an undergraduate, you'll be paid by the hour. Your school pay you directly each month. Work-study is subject to the same taxes as any other earned income.

Campus based federal aid programs administered by colleges are Federal Perkins Loan, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant and Federal Work-Study. The federal government pays a portion of the student's salary, making it cheaper for departments and businesses to hire the student. For this reason, work-study students often find it easier to get a part-time job.

Compare Federal Work-Study (FWS) with other Loans & Grants. Check also - work study or campus employment programs.

Further Read: 
Comments Post new comment