Financial aid office (FAO)

"Financial aid office (FAO)" submitted by SchoolGrantsfor Editorial Team and last updated on Thursday 14th July 2011

The college or university office that is responsible for the determination of financial need and the awarding of financial aid. The Financial Aid Office (FAO) administers the various Title IV financial aid programs under policies established by the College and guidelines provided by the U.S. Department of Education.

Federal Student Aid, an office of the U.S. Department of Education, plays a central and essential role in the nation’s postsecondary education community.

Federal Student Aid’s core mission is to ensure that all eligible individuals benefit from federal financial assistance—grants, work-study, and loans—for education beyond high school. The programs administer comprise the nation’s largest source of student aid. Every year, Federal Student Aid office of the U.S. Department of Education provide more than $100 billion in aid to nearly 14 million postsecondary students and their families. Our staff is based in 10 cities in addition to our Washington headquarters.

Financial aid office (FAO) is dedicated to provide you with useful information about financial aid programs offered through college or university and the process to apply for and receive funding by providing the most comprehensive financial assistance possible to current and perspective students. FAO offer a wide variety of scholarships, grants, work, and loan programs to assist with funding the college education of students and families of all income levels. The Office is dedicated to maintaining accurate records and complying with Federal State and College regulations. Through a partnership with students, parents, and numerous offices and organizations, the Office is committed to timely communication and quality customer service.

In general, the help you pay for can be obtained from FAO for free from us or from the U.S. Department of Education.

Financial aid drop-in counseling also available. Only U.S. citizens and eligible noncitizens (those holding permanent resident cards) may apply for funds administered by the Financial Aid Office. The U.S. Congress may change loan limits and regulations. The Financial Aid Office will include information about changes with your award notification. If you or your family has unusual circumstances (such as loss of employment), complete FAFSA on the Web to the extent you can, then submit the application and you may consult the financial aid office.

You have many post-secondary education options from which to choose. Whether you decide to attend a four-year college or university, community college or technical school, the knowledge you gain will be of value to you for the rest of your life, no matter where you go or what you do.

The Financial Aid Office has a limited number of Perkins Loans to award to students with exceptional financial need. The Financial Aid Office also has a limited amount of work-study funds that enable students to earn money while in school, thereby reducing the need to borrow more money.

Disabled students who need assistance with accessing and processing of financial aid and who are unable to gain access to the Financial Aid Office should contact the Disabled Student Programs and Services Office. Arrangements will be made to have a Financial Aid Staff person meet with these students at the Disable Student Programs and Services Office.

Pursuing education beyond high school is an opportunity you should not deny yourself simply because you are not sure it’s for you. Many students don’t know what career path to follow. But exposure to different academic subjects, people and points of view helps you decide what career is for you. After high school, you get to study what you are interested in and, when you graduate, you will get paid for your knowledge.